Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Bakery Update

As you can see I switch from one project to another all the time. I recently bought this lovely cake, fresh from the oven, and nicely risen. It came from Ana Correia .
I managed to fill some jars with flour, sugar etc without making a mess.
I used a narrow straw that fits inside the jar.
Dip the straw into the powder you are using and hold your finger over the top when removing it. The powder will stay in the straw, just like at school when you use a pipette for lifting liquid, yes, even I remember that far back. Mr Saunders, my science teacher would be proud of me!
Lower it over your jar and tap gently if you need to. Here are the jars, one with semolina, the other with flour just waiting for their labels and you have a nice clean table!
I hope you're having a week of sunshine!







14 comments:

  1. Lovely composition!:)
    ( love the "science" project...so funny things come back to us after years and years!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Gill!
    Your little cake is lovely & I am loving your kitchen scene!
    Many thanks for the straw tip - will definitely be borrowing that one!
    Hugs to you! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the brilliant tip for filling the small glasses.
    To which I would never have come, and yet so simple.

    LG Alexandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. ¿Semana de sol? jaja aquí en Córdoba llevamos meses y meses de sol y calor, y lo que nos queda.

    Buen truco el de la pajita para rellenar botecitos.

    Besos, Narán

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha, yes! My little comment was for the English!

      Delete
  5. Thank you for the tip!
    Your last posts are wonderful.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  6. It just looks so great and real!
    miniature greetings

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice display. The cake looks delicious. Thanks for a wonderful tip.
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the great tip. Your table display is wonderful. I love the cake.
    Hugs Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely scene, Gill! Thanks for the tip. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Het ziet er geweldig uit,,en bedankt voor de tip,we kunnen altijd nog iets leren.
    groetjes doortje

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Gill,

    the cake is lovely (and has no calories). Thanks for sharing the tip.
    Hug,
    Sonja

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your baking scene is perfect, and thanks for the straw tip.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aww Gill all this looks just lovely, such tiny detail, I love it.
    Hugs
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete